Thursday, April 12, 2007

I'll keep this one brief. It's about this book...

It’s trash, but not as bad as you’d think…

I recently read Bridie Clark’s novel about working in the publishing world, Because She Can.

Basically, I couldn’t resist it.

I’m just reporting, for the record, that it is not as bad as book as one might have feared, and it is a zippy read. Clark is, within the genre, a better writer than many, and even though it was a little hard to care all that much about Our Heroine, whose name I can’t even remember now though I only finished the book a few days ago, it was all right. I’ve read far worse books. Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood springs to mind. And a recent pop-psychology book that was sent to me that is so badly written I was embarrassed for the author. Oh well.

No comments: