Monday, March 09, 2009

Cadbury Creme Eggs

If you are not a fan of Cadbury Creme Eggs, feel free to utterly ignore this post.
Miss Edith has long been a fan of this creamy, chocolatey, sticky treat, and splurges on them when they become available every spring. (Notarius prefers those candy-coated Cadbury eggs, which I think are horrid, but buy for him anyway because I am slavishly devoted to him... so -- to each his or her own. As long as I can have my Cadbury Creme Eggs.)

This year I note with some sadness that the eggs seem to be smaller than they used to be. Am I just getting old? Are my eyes playing tricks on me? I don't think so. I think that the economy is tanking, and the cost of chocolate has gone up, and that Cadbury is tweaking their product so as to cut costs. And I understand it, but it still makes me very, very sad.

Note: I just went and Googled "Cadbury Creme Eggs Smaller" and discovered that the change was made some time ago... and they really ARE smaller, it's not a trick my eyes are playing on me... so clearly I skipped the eggs last year, and thus didn't really notice the reduction of egg size until this year. In other words, I'm running a couple years late on this one.

I am sad nonetheless.

No comments: