Tuesday, May 19, 2009

John Updike: A Very Special Sitcom

Miss Edith has spent time fantasizing about all sorts of odd things but never once did it occur to me that there was a sitcom based on a work by John Updike in the offing.

Saints preserve us.

Well, here it is, folks. Today's New York Times let me know that there's going to be a sitcom based on The Witches of Eastwick, entitled Eastwick. A more media-savvy person would have known this some months ago, but me, I rely on the Times for my television news (which is pathetic and sad, but there it is).

I had wondered if maybe this was all coming about only because Updike was finally dead and someone could get away with this, but apparently it's been in the works a long time, so, so much for that piece of cynicism.

But it's just so weird.

Eastwick. Starring a whole bunch of people I don't care about. Tune in, everybody...

No comments: